[syslinux-announce] SYSLINUX 3.11-pre9 -- release candidate; release delayed

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Mon Aug 29 13:32:34 PDT 2005

Based on a few reports I've gotten today, I have make a new release
candidate, 3.11-pre9, and am pushing out the release target to Friday,
September 2.

New in this release candidate:

- Change to MEMDISK, which hopefully will work right both on machines
with and without physical floppies.

- Try to enable the 16550A FIFO for serial console.  I'm hoping this
will help eliminate dropped characters, especially for compound
sequences like arrow keys.

ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/boot/syslinux/Testing/

	-hpa