[syslinux-announce] SYSLINUX 3.35-pre5 released -- release candidate
H. Peter Anvin
hpa at zytor.com
Thu Jan 25 21:23:35 PST 2007
I have released SYSLINUX 3.35-pre5 to the Testing directory; this is a
release candidate and I intend to release this as 3.35 early next week
unless I hear of any showstopper bugs, so please, pretty please, try it out.
kernel.org has been overloaded lately, so it might take a while to show up.
Changes in 3.35:
* MEMDISK: New "safeint" mode.
* MEMDISK: Be more compliant with the PnP BIOS spec.
* MEMDISK: Turn on EDD support by default.
* MEMDISK: Try to work on some machines on which it would not
work when there was no floppy drive in the system.
* Simple menu system: fix serial console support (broken in
* SYSLINUX: Support subdirectories. Like ISOLINUX, the
"current directory" is the directory in which syslinux.cfg
is found; this is searched for in the sequence
/boot/syslinux, /syslinux, /. As a side benefit, label names
like "linux-2.6.18" and "linux-2.6.19" are now supported.
To install ldlinux.sys in a subdirectory, pass the -d
directory option to the SYSLINUX installer.
This work was sponsored by slax.org (thanks, Tomas!)
* New API call: read disk.
* Invoke ONERROR on initrd load failure.
More information about the SYSLINUX-announce