[syslinux-announce] SYSLINUX 3.35-pre5 released -- release candidate

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Thu Jan 25 21:23:35 PST 2007

Hi all,

I have released SYSLINUX 3.35-pre5 to the Testing directory; this is a
release candidate and I intend to release this as 3.35 early next week
unless I hear of any showstopper bugs, so please, pretty please, try it out.

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/boot/syslinux/Testing/

kernel.org has been overloaded lately, so it might take a while to show up.

Changes in 3.35:
         * MEMDISK: New "safeint" mode.
         * MEMDISK: Be more compliant with the PnP BIOS spec.
         * MEMDISK: Turn on EDD support by default.
         * MEMDISK: Try to work on some machines on which it would not
           work when there was no floppy drive in the system.
         * Simple menu system: fix serial console support (broken in
           3.30).
         * SYSLINUX: Support subdirectories.  Like ISOLINUX, the
           "current directory" is the directory in which syslinux.cfg
           is found; this is searched for in the sequence
           /boot/syslinux, /syslinux, /.  As a side benefit, label names
           like "linux-2.6.18" and "linux-2.6.19" are now supported.

           To install ldlinux.sys in a subdirectory, pass the -d
           directory option to the SYSLINUX installer.

           This work was sponsored by slax.org (thanks, Tomas!)
         * New API call: read disk.
         * Invoke ONERROR on initrd load failure.

	-hpa