[syslinux-announce] SYSLINUX 3.52 released
H. Peter Anvin
hpa at zytor.com
Tue Sep 25 17:26:18 PDT 2007
I have just released SYSLINUX 3.52, being functionally identical to
Special thanks to rPath, my employer, for letting me spend as much time
on this as I have.
Changes in 3.52:
* Handle capitalized F-key commands in the menu system.
* Fix padding error when loading multiple ramdisks.
* Workaround for VMware crashing when trying to print a
message during early kernel boot (does not seem to work,
* chain.c32: add the ability to search for a specific MBR
signature at runtime.
* Fall back to the server identity option if the siaddr field
in the DHCP header isn't set. This seems to match the
behaviour of most PXE stacks.
* mkdiskimage: give the generated disk image an MBR signature.
* MEMDISK: Fix failures on some BIOSes.
* Simple menu system: new "MENU HIDDEN" option to not display
the menu unless the user presses a key.
* Simple menu system: support MD5-encrypted passwords (modern
Unix standard style, with "$1$" prefixes.)
* pcitest.c32: now functions as a full "lspci". Thanks to
Erwan Velu for this work.
* MEMDISK: Make EDD actually work.
* ISOLINUX: Fix for certain broken CD-ROM BIOSes which
randomly corrupted register FS.
* Simple menu system: fix memory overwrite bug that caused
some systems to lock up or behave weirdly.
* Fix building on 64-bit systems without a 32-bit libc
More information about the SYSLINUX-announce