[syslinux-announce] SYSLINUX 3.63 released (and 3.70-pre9)
H. Peter Anvin
hpa at zytor.com
Thu Apr 10 11:52:26 PDT 2008
I have released SYSLINUX 3.63. The main update is a fix to EXTLINUX,
which would get confused by directories with deleted file entries.
Special thanks to Stas Kysel of rPath, Inc. for spotting this problem
and giving me an excellent test case; and of course to rPath, Inc. in
general for being my employer and being extremely supportive of my
I have also released 3.70-pre9; this is simply the 3.70 branch (with
gPXE integration) with the 3.63 changes merged in.
Changes in 3.63:
* Fix errors in the PCI and DMI detection modules (Erwan Velu,
* Fix host dependencies and other issues in the build system.
* PXELINUX: Allow class E addresses as unicast.
* sdi.c32: module to load Microsoft System Deployment Images.
For additional information, please see:
* EXTLINUX: Correct reading directories with deleted entries.
* Shuffle library: correct the handling of certain geometries
(an upward move with source material blocking the move); as
required by sdi.c32 but theoretically possible for other
formats as well.
* Add "make netinstall" to install /tftpboot.
* Fix some documentation files that didn't get moved/renamed.
Description: SYSLINUX is a collection of boot loaders for the Linux
operating system which operates off Linux ext2/3
filesystems, MS-DOS FAT filesystems, network servers
using PXE firmware, or from CD-ROMs. The FAT
filesystem version can be installed from DOS, NT, or
It includes a sophisticated API for add-on "COM32"
modules, including a significant subset of the
standard C library.
It also includes MEMDISK, a tool to boot legacy
operating systems from nontraditional media like PXE
Keywords: syslinux pxelinux isolinux extlinux msdos boot loader
floppy install network ext2 ext3 pxe iso9660 cdfs
Author: hpa at zytor.com (H. Peter Anvin)
Maintained-by: hpa at zytor.com (H. Peter Anvin)
Primary-site: ftp.kernel.org /pub/linux/utils/boot/syslinux
Platforms: DOS or Linux to install. Linux, perl and nasm 0.98.39
or later required to build from source.
More information about the SYSLINUX-announce