[syslinux-announce] Syslinux 3.86 released; Syslinux 4.00 now in beta test
H. Peter Anvin
hpa at zytor.com
Thu Apr 1 15:26:13 PDT 2010
Syslinux 3.86 is out; it is a bug fix release.
Syslinux 4.00, starting with Syslinux 4.00-pre38, is now officially in
Special thanks to Intel Corporation, my current employer, for their
support for my Syslinux work.
Changes in 3.86:
* chain.c32: fix chainloading the MBR of a hard disk (broken
* mboot.c32: report the boot loader name in the information
* com32: set argv in a com32 module.
* core: add a workaround for a bug in Xen HVM older than
version 3.3: disable halt on those platforms.
* Fix problems where certain operations in com32 modules would
cause the core to believe the system was idle.
* MEMDISK: fix MBR detection when used with a DOSEMU header or
* MEMDISK: generate the mBFT checksum correctly.
Description: SYSLINUX is a collection of boot loaders for the Linux
operating system which operates off Linux ext2/3
filesystems, MS-DOS FAT filesystems, network servers
using PXE firmware, or from CD-ROMs. The FAT
filesystem version can be installed from DOS, NT, or
It includes a sophisticated API for add-on "COM32"
modules, including a significant subset of the
standard C library.
It also includes MEMDISK, a tool to boot legacy
operating systems from nontraditional media like PXE
This version includes gPXE, to allow accessing network
files via other protocols than TFTP.
Keywords: syslinux pxelinux isolinux extlinux msdos boot loader
floppy install network ext2 ext3 pxe iso9660 cdfs
Author: hpa at zytor.com (H. Peter Anvin)
Maintained-by: hpa at zytor.com (H. Peter Anvin)
Primary-site: ftp.kernel.org /pub/linux/utils/boot/syslinux
Platforms: DOS or Linux to install. Linux, perl and NASM 2.03 or
later required to build from source.
Copying-policy: GPL, MIT
More information about the SYSLINUX-announce